DC Comics recently released DARK DAYS: THE FORGE and it starts the huge mystery with the Dark Multiverse. Now one-shots of apparently “Evil” version of Batman, that seems to replicate other heroes.
Patrick McCallum, DC Entertainment Executive Editor, teases what those names mean for each evil Batman.
- “With names like The Red Death, The Murder Machine, The Dawnbreaker, The Drowned, The Merciless, The Devastator and The Batman Who Laughs, it’s pretty clear that these creatures mean business and prove just how dangerous the Dark Multiverse will be for DC’s heroes,”
- ”With the combination of an event comic helmed by two of the most talented creators in comic history a legion of evil Batmen and crossover titles that show just how deeply this event impacts the DCU, fans will know now more than ever that DARK NIGHTS: METAL is something not to be missed,” said McCallum.
DC Comics also announced the date for the one-shots and several other issues.
- The terror begins on September 20 with BATMAN: THE RED DEATH #1, by Joshua Williamson (writer) Carmine Di Giandomenico (artist), followed by BATMAN: THE MURDER MACHINE #1, written by Frank Tieri with art by Ricardo Federici on September 27. Writer Sam Humphries and artist Ethan Van Sciver will team up on BATMAN: THE DAWNBREAKER #1, on sale October 4, with Dan Abnett and artist Philip Tan collaborating on BATMAN: THE DROWNED #1 October 18. The month concludes with Peter J. Tomasi and Francis Manapul on BATMAN: THE MERCILESS #1, on sale October 25.
- November features two additional one-shot titles, BATMAN: THE DEVASTATOR #1 (on sale November 1) and THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #1 (on sale November 15).
- The presence of these malevolent characters infects some of DC’s deadliest Super-Villains, who are ready to take down Gotham City once and for all. But rest assured, DC’s bravest heroes aren’t rolling over for anybody and are ready to fight for the city’s very soul in “Gotham Resistance,” a series of crossover stories beginning with TEEN TITANS #12 written by Benjamin Percy with art by MIrka Andolfo (on sale September 13), NIGHTWING #29 by Tim Seeley and Paul Pelletier (on sale September 20) and SUICIDE SQUAD #26 by Rob Williams and Stjepan Sejic (on sale September 27).
‘Gotham Resistance’ sounds pretty awesome and will bring a lot of awesome heroes(and villains) together. Here’s a teaser image;
What do you guys think? Be sure to tweet at SBComicCorner with your thoughts.