With the theatrical release being very soon, the reviews are out for ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’. From the looks of it, the newest Spidey film doesn’t disappoint.
The following are small pieces from critic reviews from the popular site Rotten Tomatoes. The film currently hold a pretty high 92% on the site.
- “That the movie comes off as loose and sweet and light on its feet as it is feels like sort of minor Marvel miracle.”Rating: B+
- “The magic of Homecoming is that it belongs more to the John Hughes cinematic universe than the Avengers’. It cleverly references other Marvel films and even iconic scenes from previous Spider-jams, and right when it needs to, the story tosses out a big twist that ups the emotional stakes for Peter and brings his student and superhero lives crashing down on him.” Rating: 3.5/4
- “Spider-Man: Homecoming is a soaring superhero adventure and is easily the best Spider-Man movie of them all. There’s plenty of time for these movies to get really heavy, but for now it’s brilliant to see Spider-Man enjoy being a kid. I hope every Spider-Man movie that follows keeps this tone and execution. It’s just spectacular.” Rating: 4/5
- “News Flash: Tom Holland is the best movie Spider-Man ever. He finds the kid inside the famous red onesie and brings out the kid in even the most hardened filmgoer” Rating: 3/4
- “Spider-Man: Homecoming gets it right. It pulls off an extremely difficult task of seamlessly transitioning a new (but old) character into an established universe, while also casually seeding the landscape with references and Easter eggs that can — and will — pay off in future Marvel and Spider-Man movies.” Rating: 4.5/5
- “Homecoming takes Peter Parker in a fresh direction not only by investing in his teenage world rather than using it as a backdrop, but by letting him run towards being Spider-Man rather than wrestle with the weight of his responsibilities.” Rating: 4/5
- “Feels a little more punchy, laugh-filled, and exciting than one might expect from a property that’s already been given plenty of chances to succeed.”
- “The appeal of this particular Spider-Boy is all too basic: In his lunge for valor, he keeps falling, and he keeps getting up.”
There are of course a couple of negative reviews as well.
- “Hang in there, True Believers: Maybe it’ll get better the second time around.”
- “This is a de-facto origin story, one that makes us wait for the sequel for a Spider-Man who isn’t a menace to society.”
These reviews are very positive, despite a few negative ones. I can’t wait to see the film and this only makes me more excited. Our review will be out soon so be sure to follow all of our Social Media accounts!
Spider-Man: Homecoming swing into theaters July 7.
Spider-Man: Homecoming – Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, young Peter Parker returns home to live with his Aunt May. Under the watchful eye of mentor Tony Stark, Parker starts to embrace his newfound identity as Spider-Man. He also tries to return to his normal daily routine — distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just a friendly neighborhood superhero. Peter must soon put his powers to the test when the evil Vulture emerges to threaten everything that he holds dear.