There has been talk on what type of credit ‘The Avengers‘ director Joss Whedon would get ever since he started working on the reshoots. Some have speculated he could get a director’s credit but it seems like WB. has decided to give him a writer’s one. Perhaps indicating how much he
In the Warner Bros. 2017 Fall Movie Preview, they had a list of the filmmakers and cast who made ‘Justice League‘. In that list, Warner Bros. listed Whedon in the writers section next to Chris Terrio. Check out the full list below:
- Director: Zack Snyder
- Writers: Story by Chris Terrio & Zack Snyder, Screenplay by Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon
- Based on characters from DC Entertainment, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster
- Producers: Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns
- Executive Producers: Jim Rowe, Wesley Coller, Curtis Kanemoto, Chris Terrio, Ben Affleck
- Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Raymond Fisher, Jason Momoa,
So Zack Snyder will still receive full directing credit, While Joss Whedon will get a writer’s credit. Getting a director’s credit was a long shot in the first place so it’s not very surprising he didn’t get one. He would’ve had to worked on it extensively to get one and then deal with the DGA.
Justice League unites its way into theaters November 17, 2017.
Justice League – Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.