This February Blue Beetle #18 will arrive in store, only sadly for fans this will be the series final issue.
Revealed in the DC comics solicitations for February, the final issue will bring the current adventures of Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord to a close. The issue, written by Chris Sebela with art and cover by Scott Kolins, will go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 21. A variant cover by Tyler Kirkham will also be released.
This is the second ongoing series from DC’s rebirth era to be cancelled, the other being Superwoman. While DC has not said why they are cancelling the series, it is most likely due to it being one of the lowest selling series. In fact only 10,379 copies of Blue Beetle #14 were sold in October.
BLUE BEETLE #18
- Written by CHRIS SEBELA
- Art and cover by SCOTT KOLINS
- Variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
- Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
- It’s chaos at Kord Industries as Jaime helps Ted install a new A.I. system, only to have it come online and seize control of the facility. Trapped inside the building, Blue Beetle is put to the ultimate test, battling a hostile entity that turns every tool in Ted Kord’s inventory into a deadly weapon. With his last school year approaching, Jaime could be taking his final exam.
- On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+ • FINAL ISSUE