Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be bringing a galaxy far, far away into your home, and in 4K.
The latest Star Wars movie will be hitting the home markets next month, with a digital release date of March 13 and a physical Blu-ray release on March 27. The Last Jedi, arguably the best-looking Star Wars movie, will be the first movie in the franchise to be released in 4K Ultra HD. The 4K release will feature Dolby Atmos audio.
Apart from just exquisite sound and picture quality, the movie comes with a bevy of special features, including 14 deleted scenes. Other special features include an audio commentary from writer-director Rian Johnson, two behind-the-scenes features on how Rian Johnson created the movie, three scene breakdowns, and- this one is especially cool- raw footage of Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke before any special effects. Check out the complete detailed list of special features below:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Target and Best Buy will be selling exclusive Steelbook editions of the movie, each with exclusives. Check out the cover art for each edition of the movie below.
Pretty good-looking movies, if I do say so myself. Pick up Star Wars: The Last Jedi next month on digital and Blu-ray on March 13 and March 17 respectively.
Source: Star Wars
Luke Skywalker’s peaceful and solitary existence gets upended when he encounters Rey, a young woman who shows strong signs of the Force. Her desire to learn the ways of the Jedi forces Luke to make a decision that changes their lives forever. Meanwhile, Kylo Ren and General Hux lead the First Order in an all-out assault against Leia and the Resistance for supremacy of the galaxy.